Intercession or intercessory prayer is the act of praying to God on behalf of others. In Christianity, intercessory prayer is a distinct form of prayer alongside adoration, confession and thanksgiving.
Intercession is prayer that pleads with God for your needs and the needs of others. It is much more, intercession involves taking hold of God’s will and refusing to let go until His will comes to pass.
Intercession is the key to God’s battle plan for our lives. We are fighting against forces and authorities and against rulers of darkness and spiritual powers in the heavens above (Eph 6:12).
Intercessory prayer takes place in this spiritual world when the battle for souls means that a nation can be won or lost.
- Put on the whole armor of God.
- “I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.” (Luke 10:19).
- As we follow God’s call to rise up and take our place in the spiritual battle, God promises to “heal their land” (2Chr 17:14).
- “I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone. For kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.”(1Ti 2:1.)
- “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter— when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?” (Isa 58:6-7).
- “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.” (Rom 8:26-27).
Would you like to be a Prayer Partner? Please sign up below: